General Browser Help
- Click on one of the standard views (Recent, Reds, Whites, Values, or All Wines) to select wines to browse. Or click on the Custom Search option, which provides the greatest ease and flexibility in finding the specific wines of interest.
- If more than 8 wines meet your selection criterion, use the left and right arrow buttons to navigate through the pages.
- Click on any wine to bring up a detailed review for that wine. On the detail page, you can add your comments and rating if so desired.
- The reviews list can be sorted by clicking on the column headers. Clicking once sorts by that column. Clicking a second time reverses the order. The sorting is in three levels. Clicking on another column demotes the column selected previously to the next lower priority.
Custom Search Help
- You can choose up to six search criteria using the six selection rows. Only the top selection is necessary. Any empty ("-") category is ignored.
- Select the comparision operator from the center pull-down menu. "Is like" is used for text entries or for exact matching of numbers; ">=" and "<=" are only used with numbers or dates (e.g. vintage or price or review date).
- Enter the value with which you want to compare into the field on the right.
- If you need more than one search criterion, simply add the requirements to another row; to remove a criterion, change its first-column entry to "-".
- Case is ignored. "Zin" is treated the same as "zin", or "ziN".
- Click on the "Submit" button to execute the search.
- If desired, click on the column headers in the resulting reviews table to sort the results in the order you want. Click the column header again to reverse direction.
- As a "maximal" example, to find all Russian River Zinfandels with vintages between 1997 and 2000 inclusive, costing less than $20 and rated 86 or higher, you would use all 6 conditions (of course most searches will be much simpler than this!):