2007 Bella Zinfandel "Two Patch"
Alexander Valley, Sonoma, California
WB Rating: 88

Alcohol by volume: 14.5%
Price at time of purchase: $36.00 (Winery)
Type: Zinfandel
Principal varietal(s): Zinfandel

Unlike a lot of Zins that are quite drinkable on release, I'm finding that giving the Bella wines a few extra years of aging is almost essential - they tend to be fairly austere when young. 40% of this wine is from the BIg River Vineyard, the other 60% from Todd Brothers Vineyard, both in Alexander Valley. Slightly tart when first opened; this dissipates quickly with air or with food. Smooth blackberry and black cherry fruit along with a rich port- or Cassis-like liqueur edge and a hefty dose of wood. Very earthy in the mouth with mocha and cinnamon nuances. Nice intensity, though all components are in check - nothing overdone here. - HK 2012-09-18


User Comments:
Click [here] to email us your comments/score and we'll append below.